Speak Easy Night
What is it?
A speak easy night at the trendiest new night spot in town, KooX at Novotel, Chamiers Road.
We are taking Wednesday nights in Chennai up a notch with our specially curated prohibition style pop up complete with
- An intimate, dim candle lit room with plush velvet interiors
- An unlimited elegant Cocktail /Mocktail menu
- Fabulous pass arounds, Signature sushi boats, Decadent dessert platters
- DJ spun vibrant array of music, think modern take on vintage jazz and LIVE saxophone to produce a swing sound that is not just rooted in the past!
Beyond the spectacle and elegance of the event itself, guests are brought together from diverse backgrounds by good taste, love for food, jazz & retro music and highly encouraged to engage with one another, both friends and strangers alike.
Why we love this?
During the Prohibition era, speakeasies were the secret bars where people could get their hands on some booze.
It’s been a long time since the prohibition days, however, speakeasy-style bars are becoming one of the most popular places to drink. They’re popping up all over the world and typically serve old-fashioned cocktails with a limited menu of eats.
We love KooX rooftop for its amazing vibe and gorgeous interiors and for one night only we are going to transform the resto-bar into a swinging party!
Our Speak easy concept
Get over your mid-week blues at our prohibition style speakeasy joyfully put together by fans of the 1920s—lovers of the style, the music, the cocktails and most of all a damn good party!
What is the appeal of the Jazz Age? Is it the gorgeous, hedonistic fashions? The thrill of sipping a drink in a fly-by-night one off saucy event? The toe-tapping rasp of hotly syncopated jazz music? Whatever it is, it was a decade when it seemed the party would never end.
We aim to provide a cozy spot for the retro-dandies, music enthusiasts and the vivacious pleasure seekers with an emphasis on great vibe, cocktails, music not easily accessible in Chennai and exquisite party food!
It's more than a lounge, not quite a club - a well curated private party that leaves you in high spirits is what we're going for!
- Unlimited Speak Easy Cocktails/ Mocktails
- Special offer on Prosecco - buy 1, get 1 free (can be purchased separately at venue)
- Cocktail bites/ Pass arounds
- Signature Sushi boats
- Chef crafted Dessert platters
Live saxophone by Matt Littlewood
Originally from the UK, Matt settled down in Auroville soon after completing his music degree at Exeter University; it’s been nearly 15 years that he’s made India his home.
Matt studied piano as a child, but later decided to take up an instrument more aligned to jazz, the saxophone.
He often does the up-and-down journey between Auroville and Bangalore, to play with one of the many bands he’s a part of. He's an active member of the Indian Jazz and World music scene.
What to wear?
Guests are encouraged to dress elegantly keeping in mind the Jazz age or the roaring 1920s.
While adhering to a dress code is not mandatory, we think it'll add to the vibe of the event and builds excitement to plan your attire. Sure, it’s a tad gimmicky, but who couldn’t use a touch of whimsy in their life right now?
Remember, the only key guideline is to adorn your own style and be comfortable to enjoy your night!
- Women - wear on your cocktail party favourites or choose from classics like black, gold, silver, whites. Fish out your bling, shiny accessories or pearls and you're all set!
- Men - Adorn suspenders, fedoras, bow ties, a cigar or any accessories that will add to your evening wear!
Who's included & what to expect?
Men, Women (21 years or older)
- There will be up 30-50 people in the group.
- Come with friends or come alone, you're in for an equally good time.
- The experience encourages dressing in theme, mingling with friends and strangers alike.
- You can expect an informal party vibe with community style food tables, a well laid out cocktail bar and scattered seating that is communal style
We will take care of the food, drinks, music and experience; you just have to show up with your party vibe and dancing shoes and go home fully satiated with food and conversations!
When it's offered?
Wednesday, November 20th 2019 | 8 to 11 pm
If any change in schedule after purchase, an associate will call you.
Where it's located
KooX Rooftop Asian grill, Novotel Chennai Chamiers Road, Nandanam, Chennai
Age: All guests must be at least 21 years old and children can’t come along
Proof of Purchase: Email confirmation
Cancellation policy: If we do not get the minimum number of guests required to conduct this event, the experience will be canceled and confirmed attendees will receive a full refund.