ART CLASS: The Drawing Workshop
What is it?
A comprehensive ‘Drawing Workshop’ consisting of 8 sessions per month conducted bi-weekly by skilled experts at ”AGS” (Apparao Galleries Secret Garden Studio)
All the art classes – painting, drawing and ceramic will be handled by practising artists with great skill. There will be a continuity in the teachers with visiting guest faculty occasionally as a surprise .
The drawing workshop will be conducted as a series with focus on a specific theme each month.
- July: The Human Figure
- August: “The Mind’s Eye” – Sketching characters
- September: Tip Toes
Why we love this?
Art is expression. Art is for everyone. A passion for art is known to have created a great momentum in many a successful artists life.
Apparao galleries has been in the business of promoting artists for three and a half decades . The secret garden studio is an extension of the Apparao galleries outreach programme to allow art lovers to have the real physicality of creativity while allowing artists an interaction with the public. The studio is designed to provide a rustic and artistic setting amongst nature to enhance the learning experience for students.
Be it as a profession, hobby, or therapy, AGS will impart training and skill to allow participants to pursue art either as a profession or as a fun exercise.
Who is it for?
Perfect for ADULTS:
- Those looking to learn the techniques of Drawing and sketching as a novice and adopt a new hobby
- Practising artists looking to hone their skills and enhance their profession
- The well rounded month long training will help a novice understand the craft required to use art as a communication to express one’s personal narrative and creativity
- The workshop style teaching will also allow existing artists to interact, brush up, and refresh their practice. For those already skilled it will open up new areas of expression as it will mean interacting with another practicing artist with no holds barred .
When it's offered?
- Date: The July series begins July 7th and will be conducted every Sat & Sun.
- No. of sessions: 2 hours per session x 8 sessions / month
- Time: 3 pm – 5 pm
You will be joining a batch that will have up to 15 people.
Where it's located
Apparao Gallery Secret Garden Studio: 7, Wallace Gardens, 3rd street, Nungambakkam, Chennai 6
What to bring:
You will have to bring your own materials and art supplies. Once you are registered for the course, the teacher can guide you further
- Pencils 2B, 4B, 6B
- Sketch Book
- Drawing board
What to wear
Wear something comfortable & cool. The studio is not air-conditioned but in a shaded and cool covered studio area with beautiful old trees providing an inspiring ambience