Kids Summer Special: Camp Seashell
What is it?
Looking to engage your kids with a fun filled activity this summer? Look no further!
Check out CAMP SEASHELL, a 5 day camp in an oasis of green in Chennai, none other than Cholamandal Artists village. On the agenda is a perfect blend of indoor & outdoor activities, fun & learning like art, craft, music, theatre, surfing and more, all taught by experts in their respective fields.
Camp Seashell understands the boon and bane of the Chennai summer and has thus created a camp that seamlessly integrate indoor and outdoor activities for the perfect summer camp filled with activities that are fun and enriching for children from the ages of 8 years to 13 years.
When it's offered?
- Camp 1: April 23rd to April 27th ( 5 days) | 9 am to 5 pm
- Camp 2: April 30th to May 4th ( 5 days) | 9 am to 5 pm
- Camp 3: May 14th to May 18th ( 5 days) | 9 am to 5 pm
How long is it?
Approximately 8 hours / day
You child will be joining an existing group that will have up to 15 kids.
The fee includes all workshop material, morning snack, lunch and evening snack
- Art : Acclaimed artists Bhagwan Chavan and Aparajithan Adimoolam will guide children in painting techniques.
- Theatre : Hans Kaushik a well know theatre personality will coach children on drama and D. Naresh will coach children on drama and mime
- Music : will be taught by Prem John who is a singer, songwriter and guitarist and Muthumoorthy a freelance music teacher and co-founder of Pavo School of music.
- Movement : Karunya Srinivasan will take fun sessions on mind & body awareness
- Craft : Kite making, weaving and more... by Prasida Chavan
- Beach Camp: We saved the best for the last - Watch and learn about marine life at Bay of Life Surf School, Kovalam. And surf sessions by their expert instructors.
About the venue:
Cholamandal Artists' village is a serene setup adorned by blue skies and ample sunshine and lots of trees. The museum inside the premises is a major point of interest. Artists have called this place a home since it's inception from 1966. It is a well established spot of attraction for travelers and art enthusiasts alike, mainly owing to the calm and peaceful atmosphere encompassing the village.
Where it's located
No. 27, Cholamandal Artists Village, Injambakkam, ECR, Chennai 600115
Age: Kids must be between 8 to 13 years old
Proof of Purchase: Email or printed confirmation
What to wear
Casual comfortable summer clothes
What to bring
Cap and water bottle