The Secret Supper Club: Modern Japanese
THE SUPPER CLUB
What is it?
A Japanese pop up dinner at a brand new exciting venue in Chennai (before their official launch to the public). The venue details will be revealed only to registered guests, few days prior to the dinner. Don't worry, the venue is at a central location within the city so you can plan your logistics accordingly.
Are you always on the prowl for the best modern Asian & Sushi in Chennai? Join us for this special intimate private dinner where you will be served a 6 course tasting menu of contemporary Japanese & Schezwan dishes that we guarantee you haven't had in Chennai before!
That's not all, 2 craft cocktails/ mocktails are also included in the package which are totally instagram worthy!
About the Food:
Who says Chennai can't do gourmet? Things are changing rapidly and Chennai is trending on the food map!
Introducing the first of its kind concept in Chennai, the food is a harmonious blend of subtle Japanese flavours complemented perfectly with the spices and pungency of Schezwan cuisine.
Keeping in mind the discerning Indian palette, the dishes have been crafted by expertly trained chefs who have leveraged their expertise in various Asian cuisines to create a unique contemporary menu that is on par with restaurants showcasing modern fare globally.
With the rising cocktail trend in India, mixologists have been brought to the forefront who add to the dining experience with their drool worthy, dreamy concoctions. This experience is no different - you can sip on exotic, chic cocktails that are sure to get you over the mid week hump.
- 50 shades of Gold Artisanal nectarine Matusalem Rum & palm sugar syrup, Bajan rum, fresh lemon juice, cranberry juice
- House Special Negroni Timur berry macerated with Tanqueray, sweet vermouth, Camomile infused Campari
- Travel bag collection Artisanal Sansho berry syrup and orange blossom soda, fresh apple juice , fresh basil
Welcome Cocktail bites
- Tacos (V) Wasabi spiced avocado, tomato-tabasco salsa, sour cream
- Spicy crispy tofu (V) Birds eye chilli, micro herbs
- Rock and roll Pondicherry bay Tiger Prawns (NV) Peri peri mayo
- Calamari Salt & Pepper (NV) Mixed greens, white miso vinaigrette
Sushi Boats on the table
- Spicy 'Tsurai’ Tofu (V) Silken tofu, green chilly mayo, avocado, tempura crunch
- Mexicano (V) Corn, avocado, jalapeno, tomato, scallions, salsa
- Black Hoseki (V) Assamese Black rice, fresh red chili, cucumber, asparagus, pomegranate
- Ninja (NV) Assamese Black rice, tempura ebi (shrimp), tuna, sriracha mayo
- Samurai Maki (NV) Norwegian salmon, avocado, Japanese mayo, Shichimi tongarishi kani salsa
- Spider (NV) Tempura Kerala soft shell crab, avocado, cucumber, spicy mayo
Avocado, Beetroot Tartare (V) Strawberry chips, lemon honey dressing, ‘hydroponic’ mixed leaves
Alaskan king crab (NV) Spicy Japanese mayo
Salmon tartare (NV) Green onion, Jalapeno, red hot chili, aged soy
Overnight Miso soaked shiitake (V) Tempura flakes, micro greens, Yuzu butter, warm sour-dough bread
Dry fried beans, sprouts, baby cabbage, bean curd (V) Black vinegar, soy, birds eye chilli
Norwegian Salmon (NV) Mirin, teriyaki sauce
New Zealand Lamb chops (NV) Soy, garlic, Togarashi, sesame oil
Sichuan chicken dry pot (NV) Broccoli, lotus root, parsley
All mains will be served with a bowl of Truffle garlic sticky rice & Special Sichuan Noodles
Chef crafted Desserts tasting platter
- Green tea tiramisu
- 5 spice chocolate molten cake
- Baked yogurt brulee, Passion fruit
- Banana parfait with tender coconut ice cream
When it's offered?
Wednesday, September 11th 2019 | 8 to 11 pm
If any change in schedule after purchase, an associate will call you.
Where it's located
- The event venue is at a central location in the city (within the Alwarpet area).
- Exact address details will be provided to confirmed guests.
Who is it for?
Everyone: Men, Women (18 years or older)
This experience is perfect for
- Foodies with a global palette
- Japanese food lovers
- Those looking to meet new people and have interesting conversations over food
- Those looking to experience something unique, experimental & contemporary in Chennai.
We will take care of the food, drinks, music and experience; you just have to show up and go home fully satiated with food and conversations!
Pop up dining concept
The Western concept of supper clubs and pop up restaurants is finding its way into the hearts (and stomachs) of Indians and more importantly to our very own Chennai! The idea is to form a great story and experience for the diner. Come experience something new with us where you most likely don't know your hosts, who your fellow diners are or even what to expect out of the evening. But by the time the day ends, you are almost certain to return home after a memorable meal, and maybe some new friends too.
- There will be up to 20-40 people in the group.
- Come with friends or come alone, you're in for an equally good time.
- The experience encourages dining with strangers and mingling. Seating will be largely communal style
Cancellation policy: If we do not get the minimum number of guests required to conduct this event, the experience will be canceled and confirmed attendees will receive a full refund.
Age: All guests must be at least 18 years old and children can’t come along
Proof of Purchase: Email confirmation
What to bring
A healthy appetite and an open mind!