Soup & Salad Workshop: Taste of Summer
What is it?
During summer the natural craving is to eat light & fresh. Join us for a Salad making workshop like none other which is full of beautiful summer ingredients sourced from fresh produce available in Chennai!
Namrata of Käse cheese will cover a diverse burst of flavours via a salad bar of:
- Fresh fruits & vegetables (vitamins & fibre)
- Artisan cheese (protein & fat)
- Healthy carbs (heritage rice)
- Salad dressing made from scratch
- The workshop will be a demo & a hands-on format where you will learn to make 4 gourmet salads & 1 cold summer soup.
- Cold Soup - Grape, Garlic, Almond Gazpacho
- Courgette & Mint salad with chilli-lemon & Ricotta
- Lemony Chickpeas & pickled beetroot salad with grilled Halloumi
- Heritage rice, Broccoli, Sweet Potato, nuts, Labneh & Zataar Salad
- Poached pear, caramelised walnuts & Brie salad with a Berry dressing
- The soup and all the salads for the workshop will be vegetarian but the meat suggestions will be discussed for each.
- After each salad is demonstrated, you can come up with your own plating ideas and whip up your own salad bowl to enjoy what was made. If you prefer, you can box your salads and carry it home.
- On the day of the workshop, the recipes will be provided
Who is it for?
Everyone: Men, Women, Kids
Calling all foodies and cooking enthusiasts trying to figure out how to make those delicious summer soups & salads you see drool worthy pictures of. The session is kid friendly so young chefs are welcome!
Why we love this?
Putting together a salad in Chennai can be daunting and cumbersome as sourcing the right ingredients can sometimes feel elusive. This session uses fresh summer ingredients to create colourful and wholesome salads for every palette which will be a sure hit with the family or your next party! The best part? All the cheese used is made in house by Käse who recently started retailing in select markets in the city. We love Käse as they work with people with disabilities to make artisanal cow milk cheese. Their cheese are 'clean' with no added preservatives, emulsifiers or additives. You will have an opportunity to buy the cheese at the workshop venue!
When it's offered?
Saturday, Mar 10th | 10.30 am - 2 pm
Saturday, Mar 17th | 10.30 am - 2 pm
Saturday, May 5th | 10.30 am - 2 pm
Saturday, Jul 14th | 10.30 am - 2 pm
If any change in schedule after purchase, an associate will call you.
How long is it?
Approximately 3.5 hours
There will be up to 15 people in the group.
Where it's located
"Käse", New No. 47, 3rd street, Abhiramapuram, Chennai
- Directions: enter the street adjacent to Cafe Coffee Day on CP Ramaswamy road
- Instructions: Come up to the 3rd floor for the workshop