Entrepreneurship Program for Young Adults!
What is it?
Calling all young adults aged 11-18. Come up with a big idea, pitch for real funding and launch your own real enterprise. "In Chennai?" you ask, yes it's true!
Young Entrepreneurs Academy, YEA! is a US franchise that teaches entrepreneurship to 11-18 year olds through classroom teaching, field trips, mentor/ speaker sessions & a "Shark tank" style investor panel where students get funding.
With a presence in 6 cities across India, the successful program is set to launch in Chennai on August 25th over 20 Saturdays at the American International School.
What can I expect?
The Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) is a groundbreaking and exciting program that transforms students ages 11-18 into real, confident entrepreneurs.
- Students get an opportunity to hear as well as get inspired by several celebrity guest speakers. The list comprises of entrepreneurs from some of the top industrial houses in India as well as some of the larger e-commerce start-ups.
- They work with mentors from top consulting and venture capital funds in India.
- In addition, students take behind the scenes, fun, field trips to India’s most successful businesses (Example: Big Bazaar, Fortis Hospitals to name a few).
- Finally, they participate in a "Shark Tank" style Investor Panel, where they will present their business ideas to a panel of India’s most successful business leaders for the opportunity to secure real funding to launch their businesses.
Throughout the program consisting of 20 classes, students gain extensive coaching and exposure as follows:
- Develop business ideas
- Write business plans
- Conduct market research
- Pitch their plans to a panel of investors
- AND actually launch and run their own real companies and social movements
The fee includes all required workshop materials.
YEA runs in 6 cities – Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Pune and Chennai. In 2017, 150 students from 40 different schools participated in this program and 107 unique business ideas were pitched to an elite investor panel. Several prestigious schools across the country host the YEA program and reputed business leaders are associated as speakers, field trip hosts and judges.
The Young Entrepreneurs Academy is not only a wonderful tool to teach students about business, but also a great way to build confident leaders with values. An excellent instrument to unify the business and educational communities, YEA! India looks forward to scale rapidly pan India to fulfill its mission of teaching more students how to make a job, not just take a job.
Bridging the gap between the education system and the practical world is crucial today.
At the critical age group of 11-18, young adults need the right kind of nurturing and mentoring in line with today's business environment. Especially in India, very often academic curriculums do not address the real world application of skills. How do you convert an idea or concept or skillset into an actual viable business plan?
This program has specifically been tailored to teach students required life skills like critical thinking, creativity and collaboration. Most importantly it develops in them an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to identify and solve problems.
When it's offered?
- Dates: The Chennai classes start on 25th August 2018 and the last class is on 9th March 2019 (over 20 Saturdays)
- Time: 10 am to 1 pm
How do I apply?
- The application process comprises an online form, to be filled at www.yeaindia.com, followed by a personal interview.
- In case of any questions, please email email@example.com or call +91 99625 04155.
- Registrations close on August 15th, 2018
You child will be joining an existing group that will have up to 15-20 kids.
Where it's located
- American International School, Taramani, Chennai
- The FitRoom, Venus Colony, Chennai
Age: Kids must be between 11 to 18 years old
Proof of Purchase: Email or printed confirmation
What to wear